Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Weekend and More

A couple from church gave us some tickets to the Frisco Roughriders baseball game Saturday night, complete with free parking and free food. It was nice for us to all get out together as a family. The ballpark is very kid friendly and we had a blast being outside, enjoying some family time, and meeting up with really good friends from church. Even Reese loved every minute of it.

Today Laney and Reese had their first day of Mom's Day Out. I really enjoy everything about their school, and more importantly they do too! The teachers all genuinely love the kids. They
have great activities for them, and they learn a lot educationally and even more significantly about the Lord. Plus, it's only two minutes from the church.

In other important news, despite my despise of running, I have gotten in two more "runs" since my last post. My friend Julanne (pictured with the darker hair in the middle) ran with me once. I have to tell you, I was nervous because:
a.) she is a runner
b.) her legs are twice as long as mine
c.) she is in shape unlike her counterpart
But Julanne was gracious and didn't even make me feel like I was slowing her down. She
probably ran 5 more miles after dropping me back home. Plus, I made her talk the entire time so it helped the time pass by more quickly.

We meet with the surgeon on Friday so I'll be back to post about all of that soon too. And my tech-saavy husband has figured out how to post some video so maybe in the near future we'll have that for you as well.

Ta-ta for now.

These last pictures are of the girls before MDO this morning. Aren't they too cute?


















2 comments:

Kristen said...

Thanks for your comment, Kim! We love reading all your stories about the girls! It just makes us so excited for all we have to look forward to with our little girl! We love all the pictures of your beautiful girls too! Yes, hopefully it won't be long before we see you all again and we can meet Reese! Laurel and Reese will be good little playmates!

Oh, and I love your hair! It looks great!

Unknown said...

Laney looks very much like Jason's mom in these pictures. Too cute.