Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Holding Hands

"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13


I like to hold hands. Even as an adult I would hold my mom's hand if we went shopping at times. I love when I hold hands with my daughters. Ashlyn and I have a code...we squeeze each other's hands 3 times to say "I love you." My heart beats a little faster, even after all these years, when Jason entwines his fingers with mine. And I can tell you that over the past two days I have very much enjoyed holding hands with My God. (Jeiccy, thank you for the verse)


I have felt a truly heavenly peace these past two days. And when I am unable to hold Reesie's hand tomorrow, I know God will hold hers for me. Please pray for all of us, especially Reese tomorrow. We have to be at the hospital at 6am. They will take her from us around 7 or a little after and put her to sleep to prep her for surgery. This should take a little over an hour and then Dr. Mendeloff will begin the surgery probably between 8 and 8:15. Please pray for protection for my baby girl. The nurse will come out every hour or so to let us know what is going on, etc. We will try to update several times tomorrow.


Again, thank you so much for covering us in prayer. I think it brings much joy to the Lord to see His children seek Him. We are so very, very thankful for you.


Much love,

Kim, Jason, Ashlyn, Laney, and Reesie

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Kim, we will be lifting you all up in prayer. I have an alarm set and will be praying all morning!

Summer said...

Kim,
I have been thinking about you and praying for Reese and your entire family. We will keep praying!

Julanne said...

Praying right now for you Kim and family. Love you Julanne

Cindy C said...

I've been up and praying for all of you since about 4:30 this morning, and will continue through the day. Keep holding His hand! Love to you all, cindy