Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving

Before I begin telling you about our Thanksgiving holiday I have to share a picture of what we woke up to this morning. I know it might be hard to tell but we had snow! Can you believe it? Here in Texas in the beginning of December. It was glorious! Even more glorious was the fact that it was gone as quickly as it came. And might I just add, "Brrrr, was it cold today!"
One more fun announcement. I am typing this post from my bed! on my (oops...excuse me...our) new laptop! with a 17 inch screen! Our old one is about to crater and I'm digging this!
Okay, now for Thanksgiving. The past two years we have been at our home for Thanksgiving and so this year we made the trek to Arkansas to spend time with Jason's parents. We always enjoy our time with them. As you can tell, one of the things the girls enjoy most is getting dressed up fancy.




How precious is Reesie in her tea party hat?
Yes, we had ourselves a good old fashioned tea party. The girls always want us to get fancy. Excuse me if any extra is hanging out from my dress :o). And we all have to wear hats.
Then we move onto celebrating Christmas and the girls decorated gingerbread houses.
Reese ate about half of her candy while sweet Laney Hope put half of it on one side of her roof. Love her!
Cute Ashlyn Jean was in artist mode and made a beautiful home! She puts me to shame she is so talented.
The wonderful couple that gave me my wonderful husband. Seriously, they are some very priceless people that I'm so thankful to have in my life. And, if you can't tell, they are very loved by their granddaughters. By the way you two...Happy 36th Anniversary!
Papa D and Reesie! Happy birthday to you, old man!
Mimi and her girls!
We loved every minute of being together as a family, sleeping in late (okay that's me sleeping in late...I'm sure David and Melody think I always wake up at 9 because I usually do at their house...hey, a girl has to catch up when she can, but thanks!), and much to David's chagrin...playing games late into the night around the fire. Perfection if you ask me!

No comments: