Monday, December 14, 2009

Proud of the Boy!

There are so many reasons why I love Jase and why I'm proud of him. He is loving and faithful. He is patient and kind. He works hard to provide for our family and is a godly example. And superficially, I think he is amazingly handsome. Yup, I picked me a good one. About 3 years ago he decided he'd like to run a marathon. Since then he has run 3 more. While preparation for him begins months and months before the race, us girls...we prepare a day ahead of time.
Here are the girls working hard on their posters.
Reese was so funny. As you can see, she colored her sign too and was so proud.
This was just 1 of about 6 pictures she had me take holding her sign...in all different poses.
Laney working hard on hers as well.


The finished product of some of the finest cheerers you will ever meet! Don't they look incredible?!!



Sweet Jen helped me navigate through downtown Dallas for the White Rock marathon yesterday. She is so dear to us and I am sooooo thankful she was there to help guide me.
Jason's favorites!
This picture is so funny! We were trying to proudly document his cheering section. I wasn't expecting him yet so had Jen take a picture of me and Reese. Next thing I know there he is! This is about mile 5. I'm so glad he saw us. We got in the car and I asked Jen if we had gotten any pictures of Jason and she replied no. Jason was the one who noticed that he in fact did get captured in the first stop photo shoot! Like the surprised look on my face?
Cutest cheering section out there!
This next picture is taken at around mile 16...lookin' good, isn't he?We saw him at mile 21 and he was still pushing through. He did look white as a sheet though and it scared me. I sent out a prayer request and got people praying. I had us pull over and I just got out at mile 23 to make sure he was okay. Color was back and my heart was at ease.

Can you believe this picture is taken after he has run 26.2 miles!!!? He truly amazes me. I always get so emotional at these things and it feels like my heart could pop from how proud I am of him. In my mind anyone who finishes a marathon is a winnner. However, even if by only 30 seconds, Jase had his personal record. He finished in 3:54:25.
And our last shot...us after Jase had a chance to get food in his stomach after the race. He was absolutely starving. Jason Mills, you have my heart! Love you! Love you!

No comments: