Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Pre-Christmas Christmas

The first couple weeks of December I felt like I literally ran from one thing to the next. Apparently, most of Laney's best buddies are born in December. The girl had 4 b-day parties within the two week time frame. Ashlyn also had a friend's birthday party and girl scout Christmas carroling. All 3 had school parties. Whew...fun but tiring.
The weekend before Christmas MiMi and Papa D decided to come in so they could be a part of Reese and Laney's fan club at their school program. Here are 3 of the Fan Club's top members! I wasn't sure how Reesie would do going up on stage and seeing us in the audience, considering the moment I leave a room in our house she asks, "Where's Mommy?" and comes to find me. But the cutie-patootie did just fine!
I am pretty sure the following picture is while the song the 2 year-olds were supposed to be singing was going on. Quite a few had "deer in the headlights" looks. However, unlike the past 4 years we have been a part, not one 2 yr.-old left crying mid-song! To her right is Reese's best friend, Lilly Jeane!

Then entered the Star of Bethlehem, our very own Laney Hope. It took me at least 3 minutes to snap this picture because I was laughing so hard! I had seen the costume but not on her before the show. Just seeing her head and legs sticking out was so cute and had my tickle button going. If she tried any of the hand motions with her class her face would sometimes disappear as the costume adjusted to her body!
She even had to lead the wiseman out into the audience and make it back up on stage in perfect timing...which she did with ease!
My sweet girls after the program. Aren't they beautiful?!
The whole fam.
Oh, and did I mention that we also celebrated Christmas with Mimi and Papa D while they were here? Here are the girls having fun with some of their gifts.
Yes, they got dress-up clothes as every princess needs and a karaoke machine too to add in a little diva to their mix.

No comments: