Monday, November 2, 2009

Fall Festivities

Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the cooler weather, but am so glad it's not cold. I love the sound of leaves crunching under my feet when we go on walks around the neighborhood. I absolutely love fall decorations more than any other type. I think it's the best to leave the screen door open. And I truly love having a season of thankfulness. It does my heart and soul good. A couple of weeks ago we headed out to a pumpkin patch. The girls always enjoy it, and we ran into unexpected friends from ACU and Laney's class at school. We even saw Cowboys player Jason Whitten and his family.
I'm thinking it would have been nice if the kind woman who offered to take our picture would have told us about the horrible shadows...whatcha gonna do?
Every year at Laney and Reese's MDO they have a hayride and little pumpkin patch where they get to dress up and pick out their own little pumkins. Here are my cutie-patooties.

Laney was a little German schoolgirl. It's an outfit my aunt and uncle came back for me with many moons ago. Sweet Reesie is wearing a clown costume my mom made for my brother when he was little. (Okay, I added the little flower buttons...even back then Andy was all boy). I love that in little ways my precious mom still gets to be a part of things even though she isn't with us any more.

Jason and the girls had their fun converting our pumpkin into a jack-o-latern. Reesie loved squishing her hands in the middle. Ashlyn drew a picture of what she wanted the pumpking to look like, and Laney helped wherever she could.

And here is our girly jack-o-latern, complete with eyelashes, a heart nose, and some
botox-filled lips :0)!
The artists...
On Thursday the girls wear their cute Halloween outfits that MiMi and Papa D sent them. I love the picture because it expresses the love they really do have for one another.
And here is my only decent picture of trick-or-treating. It's become a tradition for us to join our friends the Whittles and trick-or-treat around their neighborhood. This was our third year. I'm so sad that my camera was almost completely out of battery. Maybe I'll be able to snag some from Drew. Ashlyn was a go-go dancer. Laney the German schoolgirls. And in honor of her Uncle Andy's beloved horned frogs...Reese was a TCU cheerleader. She would even say "Go frogs!" It was so sweet to watch her this year. She looooved it! She would walk confidently up to the front door, open her bag, and say "trick o eeet." Then she'd smile and say "thank you"!

I hope to be back soon. I want to share a dream I hope to see come to fruition in the near future...

1 comment:

Boerckel said...

I want to know what this dream is....