Saturday, October 24, 2009

ACU Homecoming


Last weekend we headed to Abilene. It has been over 10 years since I've been back to ACU and felt it was time to make the trek and show my sweet girls the place where I have so many fond memories.

We started out at the carnival they put on every year, meeting up with friends, riding horses, and getting their faces painted. Ashlyn got hers as a puppy. Isn't it cute? Laney had a unicorn painted on her cheek but it's hard to tell in the picture. We stayed the first night at a hotel.


The next morning we went to the Homecoming parade. The girls got a ton of candy, I ran into a few people I haven't seen since graduating, and we met up with some of our favorite Wildcats right now. We have had a lot of students from Bent Tree graduate and go onto ACU. It's so great! We saw a couple of them in the parade because they are pledging and we had Annie and Jessica meet up with us. It was good to see them!


Here are Jess (holding Reese) and Annie (with Ashlyn and Laney).



Maybe I'll have at least one of them become an ACU Wildcat in the future :). Aren't they just so sweet?




I really love this family pic. I'm not
sure what Reese had in her mouth at the time
but it was a beautiful day and I simply love
having down time with my family. This year
we have been more intentional in taking some
family breaks and getting away together. I've
really enjoyed it and hope we make it a habit.


This is part of a memorial area right by a
statue on camus of Jacob's ladder. You have to
stand on a stone that says "one thing" from a
passage of Scripture in order to see this cross.
It is a beautiful area and a wonderful reminder
that the "one thing" most important is Christ.



Saturday we headed over to my friend and old roomate Karen's home. We relaxed, laughed, talked, and talked some more...until 1:30 in the morning. All 6 of our girls are weeks or months apart so we always have a great time together.
Saturday night Jason stayed home with the 2 little ones, Reese and Haven. Houston was out of town...missed you! Then Karen and I took the 4 big girls to the Homecoming Musical, Thoroughly Modern Millie. I think they felt so big and grown-up.




Here are Ashlyn, Matalee, Laney and Emery before the musical.










All 6 girlies. Karen called me a couple months ago letting me know that they were surprised and expecting another little one. We've been pregnant at the same time with all of our girls and she keeps trying to talk me into doing it with her one more time... I've got baby fever bad, but I'm not sure we can join in on this one :).













My sweet friend, Karen. Love you and love your friendship. Thanks for letting us crash at your lovely home.



(I'm having spacing issues once again that I can't figure out. Sorry about that.)

No comments: