Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lysol is in the air..

Don't you just love the smell of lysol? Yea, not so much but I sure hope it does the trick. I have sprayed it on any and everything in our house...toys, pillows, the phone, beds, doorknobs, the dog (just kidding on that one).

Ashlyn woke up in the middle of the night Thursday night throwing up. She got sick once more Friday morning but then seemed fine (not quite as energetic but still good). Last night we went to LifeGroup. Soon after we arrived and started eating dinner she said her stomach hurt again so I told her to just drink some water and take it easy. During prayer requests Laney came in and said her tummy hurt...again, take a few sips of your drink and lay down. When we got into the car Ashlyn once again said she wasn't feeling well and this time she looked a shade of green so I handed her my eco-friendly grocery bag and told her to get sick in it if she felt the need. She was asleep before we got home. Laney didn't act real tired but didn't go down too much later, although it was 9:45 before we got home. I was kicking myself for not making Ashlyn take a nap because she probably just over did it.

Around 11:30 I went into pray over the girls and check on them like I do every night before going to bed. I thought I'd feel Ashlyn's head to make sure she didn't have a fever. I put my one hand on her bed to steady myself and it felt really wet. Hmmm...could be some bad drooling but she isn't facing that way. I flipped their closet light on and it revealed that the poor thing had thrown up all over herself but slept right through it. I go and get Jason up to help. I then left to get some wipes to help clean off her face before getting her into the bath. When I came back in Jason pointed to Laney's bed.

Can you believe it? She too had thrown up in her bed and slept through it. Can I tell you how lovely vomit in hair is? We quickly went into parent mode. Jason stripped down the beds and cleaned their room up while I bathed the girls. I felt so badly for them. I kept asking Ashlyn if her tummy hurt more and she was more traumatized by having throw-up all over her. Once every one was bathed and taken care of Ashlyn chose to sleep in the bathroom nect to the toilet just in case... Jason called the floor in the girls room (or maybe I called it for him) and Laney was just begging to go to sleep on her carefully towel-covered bed. She was so tired. I scrubbed the tub and again sprayed any and everything possible with Lysol.

Laney woke up a couple of more times and got sick in the night and got sick a couple more times today. I have been praying fervently that Reese won't get this thing, especially after having surgery. Jason is praying that he won't have to see any more vomit and that we can actually have everyone sleep through the night. It is amazing how wonderful the flu-vaccines both girls got over a month ago worked, don't you think? Oh well. If you catch a wift of Lysol over the next few days you can think of the Mills family. Heck, it might be coming from our home...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG I'm so sorry ya'll are going through that. I've been complaining about being tired because my 2 month won't sleep at night but I'll take that any day over not sleeping because she's throwing up. My prayers and heart is with you. Oh, I added ya'll blog to our blog roll, hope you don't mind. Easier for me to access it that way.
Love
Shayna