Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's Fall!

Okay, I know it's been a long time. And I'm sure all of my avid blog fans are just dying (all 3 of you), so here we go...

First, I have to start by bragging on Ashlyn Jean. It's been at least 3 weeks ago now but she got her first report card of 1st grade which actually uses A's, B's, etc. and she made straight A's. Not just straight A's but her lowest grade was a 96. And the teacher said she'd love to clone her! Great grades aren't everything in life, but I am thankful that she enjoys school since she has many more years to go. She enjoys it so much that we have been playing school after school. You'll be glad to know that Laney, Jason and Reese have all become Kids with Character in Ashlyn's class and I received student of the week!

Reese is a crawling maniac. She got it down last week and there is no stopping her. She also pulls herself up to standing any chance possible. We had to put her mattress down lower after I nearly had a heart attack looking in the monitor and seeing her standing straight up and looking over the railing. She continues to eat like a horse. Unbelievably, my baby will be a year old in less than three weeks now.

Laney Hope continues to attract people with her fun and sweet personality (although the girl can hold her own, don't be fooled)! She can spell her name and readily points out the letter L that her name starts with whenever she sees one. This year she is a cute pink bunny rabbit. The costume is one my mom had made me and I wore it when I was little. Ashlyn wore it a couple of years ago and hopefully Reesie will too. It is special to have something my wonderful Mom put love and time into. Little things like this mean a lot to me and bring back special memories of my mom.

Our last couple of pics are from a local pumpkin patch. It was a beautiful day Saturday and we met some friends out there. Besides enjoying time with my handsome hubby and 3 cute pumpkins, I especially enjoyed the kettle corn and think I might have an addiction to it now :0).

Over the next few days we're supposed to have a high in the upper 60's so it truly does feel like fall around here.

On another random note, ministry is good. If you get a chance please check out www.freechains.org. It is something our high
school group is supporing, and it's very worthy of your time and resources.

Hopefully, I'll post quicker than the last time.

















No comments: