Tuesday, October 7, 2008

11 mos. old

Does this look like a child who just had open heart surgery? I'm telling you, our girl is doing great! She turned 11 months old today...yippee! We also had her follow-up appointment with the cardiologist. He is very pleased. When he listened to her heart; she no longer has any kind of murmor. Her scar is healing very nicely and she has put on weight.

I don't think I mentioned earlier that the day before surgery at pre-op she got weighed and she hadn't gained a single thing from over a month earlier, even more indication of how hard her heart was having to work. Now in 2 and a half
weeks she has put on 10 ounces!

She is pushing herself up on toys into standing position pretty often. Who knows? Maybe she'll completely miss the crawling thing. She says mama, dada, puppy, bye-bye and nigh-nigh (night night).

I desparately need to get some clips to hold her hair back (Natalie if you're reading this...I'm ordering from you) because her hair is just growing and growing.

The big girls are doing much better and all 3 should be back in school tomorrow for the first
time in 3 weeks. Please continue to pray that the Lord would protect Reese from any kind of sickness.

My brother, sister-in-law, and nephew came in last weekend to check on Reese and love on the girls. We loooved having them here and wish we lived closer. The middle pic is Reese's get well present from them that she loves. And who wouldn't...it has dancing princesses! The bottom picture is off my precious nephew Drew (he's 4 1/2 months younger than Reese and weighs as much at 6 months as Ashlyn and Laney did at a year old). He fell asleep half way through eating in his exersaucer. It was adorable. Love you, my little Tank! Can't wait to see you in November!




1 comment:

Natalie said...

Hey Kim! I was just looking at her hair and noticing how long it was getting! I'd love to make some bows for that sweet girl! Email and let me know what you'd like!
natandkeri@yahoo.com