Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ashlyn Jean

Well, we woke up this morning and once again Ashlyn's stomach hurt. I have to say I think she has a pretty sensitive stomach but it is interesting that it hurts more in the morning when it's time to go to school. I've told you before but she is her mother's daughter. She likes school a lot. She has good friends there. She does exceptional at her schoolwork, and yet, if given the opportunity, home sounds better. I let her stay home for an hour to make sure she was okay and then off she went. This first picture is her working on her Flat Stanley project for school. She sent Flat Stanley to Gampa and he took
Flat Stanley around PA to some historical sites, etc. Then Flat Stanley got passed to Aunt Nancy who took him to VA. Thanks Gampa and Aunt Nancy...y'all rock!

While my girl is content to stay at home she isn't lacking in personality. She is very creative and a ton of fun. She likes to be indoors but really enjoys being outside too. We're going to give t-ball a go this spring. When we talked about whether she wanted to do it or not she turned and asked, "Well, will I be good at
it?"

While like me in many ways, she definitely is more outgoing than her daddy and I were at her age. And she has an adventurous side to her. When we were watching the Amazing Race the other night they had a road block where they had to bungee jump in New Zealand (it was the second highest in the world and quite frankly looked TERRIFYING)...she looked at Jason and said she would like to do that one day!
It is a pretty regular occurance to catch her dancing and watching herself in the mirror or lip-syncing some song...although
if you are caught watching her, the show stops!

The last picture is of her getting awards at school...first, all A honor roll. Secondly, she earned the faithfulness award. Her school is participating in Kids With Character and she was nominated faithful. I think that perfectly captures my first-born. She is amazingly kind and faithful. She is steady and true. It is one of the things I love most about her. I think it is because it is such a reflection of her heavenly Father and is one of the things I love most about Him.

Again, so sorry on my inability to get this thing to space right. I'll be back with more on Laney and Reese soon.






No comments: