Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Anniversary Part II


Jase and I had a lovely weekend getaway this past weekend. Many thanks are deserved by others in order to make it happen...David and Melody came in to watch the girls (I have great in-laws). My Dad had given us a giftcard last year for our anniversary that we weren't able to use last year so we put it to good use this year at the Dallas Renaissance Hotel. Plus, a church member is the General Manager there and bumped us up to a suite and gave us his friends and family discount. Plus, when we checked in they let us know that breakfast was on the house and there was a yummy fruit and cheese tray waiting for us too (thank you Tim and Christi Sullivan). Plus, MomMom and again my Dad gave us some money for this year's anniversary. Thank you everyone!

We started by going to the Keg which is our favorite restuarant in town. They had sent a postcard out for two steak dinners for $30. Yoo hoo! Love that place! And loved the company! Then we headed to the Renaissance. We slept in a little, had breakfast and enjoyed cable TV. Is it bad that for a week leading up to the weekend I was truly excited to be able to watch HGTV and other channels?

On Saturday we headed over to Ft. Worth. We truly love Ft. Worth. It just has a downhome feel that relaxes us. We stayed at the Texas Whitehouse Bed and Breakfast that we were treated to this past summer. A few weeks earlier the owner, Grover, had called to say the room we had booked was actually wanted by someone else and that for the same price he was giving us one of their suites. It was so marvelous. I highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Ft. Worth. When I came in there was a beautiful flower arrangment of tulips (my favorite) from my favorite :0). We relaxed and watched more cable TV before heading to Joe T's for Mexican food out on their beautiful patio. Then we went to see a movie...Mall Cop (sidenote to anyone interested~ wait til it comes out on DVD). It will probably be the last movie in a theatre we see for a year (do I hear some Amens of confirmation from other parents?). Afterwards we headed back to the B&B to just relax. Sunday morning we woke up and they brought us breakfast to our room and then we headed home to the girlies. It was a great weekend.

For those keeping track, Jase was not the only one with a gift. I suprised him while he was out of town the week before on business. I had 10 youth, a youth leader, and my friend Dylan (the sr. high youth minister I work with) come move everything out of the garage. They scrubbed the garage floor, painted the walls, painted the garage floor this fancy way that Jason wanted, and moved some shelves. All of this happened during the week of our freezing cold weather and sleet. I parked outside and had my car doors completely frozen shut and was hustling 3 cold girls in and out and had a huge tarp over our patio which looked like someone's backyard in the middle of hicktown Arkansas (sorry D & M). He was completely surprised and it was superb! Thanks to everyone who helped with that too.

So, that's our Anniversary in a nutshell. I promise to post pics of the girls and an update on them ASAP.

No comments: