Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Scared







Our sweet Reesie is 9 months old now. She looooves to wave and is very good at it! She is the queen of rolling over (even in the middle of a diaper change) and she enjoys being on her belly although she hasn't attempted crawling yet. She weighs 14 lb. 3 oz. and is 25 3/4" long. She is absolutely the cutest, happiest, sweetest baby on the planet.

Today we had her cardiologist appt. and didn't get the outcome we were hoping and praying for. There is no change in the size of the hole in her heart (it is pretty large) and it's causing her heart to still be enlarged. The doctor thinks surgery to repair it is what is best. Open heart surgery. Just the thought makes my heart hurt. If you can't tell, I'm in love with her...absolutely in love with every single thing about her. And the thought of something going wrong and me losing her frightens me. However, God is still a big God and He can use people and medical means to heal, so that is now the direction we are praying.

I don't know anything further other than the surgeon is supposed to call so we can meet with him. The cardiologist thinks it should be done in the next month or two. One of my friends and roommates from ACU, Paige, has had this surgeon do open heart surgery on her daughter. He is top-notch from what I hear. I'll keep y'all posted.

Please pray for God's healing hand to be on our Reese, for her protection through the surgery, for her healing afterwards, and quite frankly for continued peace for Jason and I. While I am sad and disappointed, I have expereinced His peace a great deal the last few months.

Enjoy the pictures of our girl!!

6 comments:

Lindsey Elizabeth Burke said...

Kim, I am praying my heart out here in Atlanta. I pray that God's protection is all around Reese and that the surgeons have wisdom and precision during the procedure. And that God's favor pours over you and your sweet little family. That you feel more comfort and peace than you knew possible. I am so sorry. I wish I had words to say to make you feel better. I am just thankful God is good and Sovereign. You are loved and covered in prayer.

About the Company said...

Those pictures are precious. I cannot believe she is 9 months old already. I can't wait to see her in a couple of weeks. I will be praying for you and Jason and sweet precious Reese. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you guys out.

MattandSara said...

Kim,
I am so glad you commented on my blog! I would LOVE to "talk" to you about our experience with surgery and recovery and find out a little more about sweet Reese. PLEASE email me at my "trash" email account and then I will give you my other one:
shmoreland@hotmail.com

Please know that we will be praying for you and Reese.
Sara

D.J. said...

I will certainly be praying for you precious Reese!

Anonymous said...

Kim, I love you guys and will be praying for your sweet Reese. What a joy to know that you still have your JOY and that you have peace too. Your faith encourages me. Love you!

jch said...

May God's presence be undeniable. Please know that we here in Brooklyn will be praying for all of you.

peace of Christ to you -- Joe