Monday, August 25, 2008

Catch up time

Well, if you can't tell from my lack of posting...things are busy around the Mills' household. I'll try not to go too long and maybe post a couple times this week.

First, an update concerning Reesie. She is scheduled for open heart surgery on Thurs., Sept. 18th. We CHERISH your prayers for her. I talked with another heart surgeon (dad of one of our former students) just yesterday. He agreed with our doctor's assessment, walked me through the procedure, and gave me some questions to ask. I feel more at peace.
Reese just cut her 3rd tooth today which is
good because the girl loooves big
people food. She much rather have anything we
have, if at all possible. She's as smiley and cute as
ever!
Ashlyn Jean started first grade today. The picture is of her before she left for school this morning. Jason and Laney did the honors of taking her to school. We met her teacher last Friday and found out that her best friend at school, Avery, is once again in her class, along with several other sweet kids from their class last year. She is just growing up so fast. I'm so proud of the girl she is becoming.





Laney has been extra sweet and lovey lately. The girl is always sweet but she has been wanting to give me kisses several times a day and just as often tells me, "Mommy I just love you so much!" She has been obeying so nicely and just been in a sweet, sweet mood. Last week she got to go to her best little girlfriends house..."brown Taylor" and tomorrow "brown Taylor" is coming to our house to play. Last year she had two Taylors in her class...one with brown hair and one with orange...thus the "brown Taylor." She asked me to take this picture of her today while she did her hair up like so. Silly girl!

I turned 32 last week. Seriously, I remember my mom being this age :0). It was a nice day. Today Jase left for Portland and won't be back until Friday. I'm a single mom of three for 5 days. Whatever will I do? just teasing. I did straighten out our linen closet tonight though. Alright, I'm digressing. Hope you enjoy some pictures (once again sorry that I can't figure out spacing). Please keep praying for Reese's surgery.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Hi Kim! I found your blog through Nikki's and had to stop and say hi. Keri told me he talked to Jason last week and got caught up on your lives. The girls are so big and beautiful! We will be praying for Reese for sure. I don't know all the details of her situation but Keri told me that she has a hole in her heart. I wanted to tell you that one of my good friends from high school and college was born with a hole in her heart and she is a healthy, happy 28 year old! I hope we can stay in touch through the blogging world! We miss you all.
-Natalie