Friday, September 24, 2010

Big News

Well, I know I need to start this off by saying that our BIG NEWS is not that we are expecting another sweet Mills baby. I am not pregnant. However, we are moving... and we are moving out of the great state of Texas.

I am thankful that the Lord has prepared my heart for so long for this upcoming adventure. Over a year and a half ago I remember feeling like He was putting change on my heart. We prayed a lot and waited really. Then last summer Jason really felt a desire for change too. He put out some resumes around DFW and also had his dad put some out too. Jase ended up interviewing for a company up in Arkansas several times last summer and then nothing came of it. Again, we waited and prayed, and started Gracious Legacy.

Randomly, the middle of August, we went to pick up our girls from Jason's parents in Rogers, AR. They normally spend a few days each summer by themselves up there. Well, we hadn't been there too long before a neighbor called over saying he saw our car and was wondering if Jase still might be interested in interviewing up in that area. His company was hiring and he already had called the gal doing the interviewing who agreed to meet and interview with Jason on that Saturday. We had to run out to get pants and shoes since Jason had only brought shorts and flip flops. The interview went well and over the next week and a half he had 2 phone interviews. The following week he was asked to come up and give a presentation. And three weeks ago today he was given a verbal offer.

We again, prayed. This is huuuuge for us. We have lived in Dallas for almost 11 years. When we moved here we hadn't been married quite a year, had no children, and moved from one apartment to another apartment. This is where our family has grown tremendously...in numbers of course, but also emotionally and spiritually. People here are like family to us. Still, we clearly hear God calling us to make this move. We are so excited. It's beautiful in Arkansas....heck, they actually have seasons there, but the good news is it's not drastic changes weather-wise. This warm weather girl couldn't handle being in snow for weeks and months on end. Plus, we will live by Jason's parents. It will be a blessing to be near the beloved Mimi and Papa D.

On the other end, we are so sad to leave the people here we love deeply. I have used quite a few tissues and even told people at church they might not see me wear mascara again until we move. I am so thankful to have God's direction in this and feel His presence. Otherwise, the emotions would probably be too much for me.

I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for our family. I have said many times over the past week that I have no idea any of the details other than that we are moving. I don't know where we will go to church, where we will end up living, what hopefully, part-time ministry position I might have, the schools the girls will go to, etc. Normally, this is a very uncomfortable position for me. But since I feel like we are in the center of God's will I'm okay to be on this ride where I don't have any idea what is ahead.

Please pray for everything that a move entails. An easy transition for our girls with sweet friendships to come quickly. That our home would sell quickly and for a great price. That we would end well here and love well until we leave. That we would be completely sensitive to the Spirit's leading on where to live, where the girls go to school, where I might work, etc. I love in Scripture where Christ is called the Author and Perfector of our faith. I am looking forward to seeing where this amazing Author has written for our lives to be. We appreciate your prayers.

And for the record, we will never be Arkansans...simply Texans living in Arkansas!

7 comments:

Jon and Brittany said...

Kim, this is so exciting!! Having recently moved myself, I can totally relate to the emotions that come with saying goodbye and preparing for a new season. While we weren't moving with kids, we were definitely making a huge, change-filled decision, but I have been wonderfully surprised and encouraged by the grace of God as we have transitioned.

And I think it's wonderful that you'll be close to Dave and Melody...what a blessing! I'm sure they're pumped!

Anyways, just wanted to say I'm excited for you and will pray for smooth transitions out and in! Love you!

Shayna @ Texas Monkey said...

We are so excited for you and I can only imagine how excited MiMi and Poppa D are! We've only visited Rogers once but thought it was just beautiful! I look forward to hearing what all God does for ya'll in this new setting.

Ray said...

Like the roses need the rain. Like the poet needs the pain. We can't live without sharing.thanks for your awesome blog.

erinlo said...

Kim!!!! I am so excited for you and your family. I know this is HUGE for you. I know how much you will miss TX. I know how you have served there with all your heart and that you will be dearly missed. Change is HARD, but I know that if the Lord is leading you to Arkansas, He has people there who need the Mills family! Praying for an easy transition, a quick house sale, and blessings on all of you. I love you! -Erin

Bree, Home of Blogmania said...

Ahhh how sweet. I know that moving comes with a ton of details but one things nice is that we have friends in two places. Dallas will always be there and visits there will be oh so sweet. The new friends you can impact and they for you as well will be dynamic. I also love it that you can continue with Gracious Legacy now in two places!!! That is a great step in growth as well. Congratulations to you all for the job offer and for this neat 'chapter' to your story! Blessings to you all!

Unknown said...

Make yourself more beautifu and fashionable,another side is choose a suitable clothing.Everyone like to buy yourself lovely and comfortable shoes or clothes.Unique design bag,I think in our country this kind of design is so little.Right?hah!!Why don't you try our new design tn chaussure shoes?It has high protect function,and also make your feet feels very comfortable.In our store, nike air max 90 shoes has a large discount activity online,already attracted so many customers attention.If you like them,you must hurry action to choose them.At the same time,uinque design and perfect appearance nike shoes now hot selling online.Also has 100% quality chaussure tn requin shoes discount sale in our online store.I hope everyone can choose a beautiful and suitable t shirts clothing.

Ma. de los Angeles Segura Pineda said...

“See How Easily You Can
Have A Disney World Vacation For A
Fraction Of What Others Pay”

You Don't Have To Be Rich
To Have An Extravagant Disney World Vacation

http://6303but58m-skbz-b90kt1gbd0.hop.clickbank.net/