Saturday, September 18, 2010

2 years ago today...

This time two years ago my baby girl was fresh out of open heart surgery. She had tubes coming out of her body in many different places. I was in the ER after fainting from seeing her in such a state. Yet, we were so grateful for God's graciousness of the outcome. Her heart was fixed and she was alive and on her way to great health.
I will never forget that time in our life. As I was praying over Reese before going to bed last night my mind flashed back to the night before her surgery when I was doing the same thing, praying. However, I was pleading the Lord for her life. As a mom, I have never been more scared. As a child of God, I had never felt God's peace so fully. It truly felt like I was being carried.

And so two years later, when we go back to this amazing hospital that holds a special place in our hearts, we also take Gracious Legacy bags, for families going through the exact same thing that we went through. We pray that it is a piece of Christ's love, graciousness, and peace to the families.
We won't ever forget the Lord's graciousness, and we want to leave it as part of our own legacy.
"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13
Jesus, I will never forget the way your hand felt that day. Praise be to You alone!





1 comment: