Monday, June 30, 2008

My Spunky Middle Child


I can remember the day before our Laney-bear was born crying to Jason. I was scared I might not be able to love this second child as much as I loved my first. When I think about it now it makes me laugh. I love her more than life itself; I do all of my children.
I can't imagine our lives without Laney. She is spunky and sweet. She is a cuddle big and has a grin that captures anyones heart. She know the words to High School Musical and will sing along gladly. If she doesn't think you're looking she'll try to do the movements to the songs too. Just about every mother from the kids in her class would tell me how much their child talked about Laney and how much they loved Laney. People are just attracted to her. I pray fervently that God uses her joy to bring people to Himself as she grows older.
She pronounces cupcake, "pupcake." She will call Ashlyn, Ashlyn Jean Hope. Ashlyn's middle name is Jean and her middle name is Hope but apparently she thinks everyone has Hope in their name. She loves to be a part of everything Ashlyn is doing and she can't help but kiss and hug Reese a million times a day. She prefers to be in a dress and has about 3 that she'll try to take out of the dirty clothes and wear two days in a row (the one above is one of those 3). She has a sweet voice and a great giggle. She isn't about to let anyone run over her though. And the precious thing can't help but get out of bed 3 times every night before falling to sleep (any help in that area? anyone?). Laney Hope, you make my heart smile just thinking about you!

2 comments:

About the Company said...

She is precious. If you figure out the going to bed thing, let me know!! Miss seeing you guys!!

Boerckel said...

"Spunky" is the perfect word to describe Laney!! Oh how I miss her!!!