Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day


Happy Father's Day Happy Father's Day. I have some pretty amazing dads in my life that I want to honor. First off, is my own Dad. He was the first man that I ever fell in love with. He rubbed my back and sang me songs every night before I went to bed. (I make Jase do the same thing each night now...just kidding.) He is a man who taught me about the Lord and His Word like no one else. I still call him with questions now. He was at every gymnastics meet, choir concert, and gazillion sporting events my brother was in. He loved my mom well and sacrificed for our family on numerous occassions. He was the one you'd ask to go shopping with you if you really wanted something because normally you'd come home with it. Mom was thrilled when he and Andy came home with a pet snake...one that you had to buy mice for to feed it. Anyways, he is a great dad and a great Gampa too. While Jason and he are about polar opposite in personality, their character and values are very much the same. I knew what I wanted and needed in a husband because of him. Happy Father's Day, Daddy. I love you!


Next up, is the love of my life, my husband Jason. If you asked him what he wanted to be more than anything in life, he would tell you it was to be a dad. And without a doubt, it shows. He is an amazing one. He knows how to laugh and have fun with our girls. In fact, at the moment he has taken all 3 up to the "horsie" mall to ride the carousel. I am so thankful our girls have a dad like him because they know what it is like to have a man love them for who they are, find them pretty, make them laugh, and get lots of hugs and kisses from. Being in youth ministry I can say firsthand that this alone will cause them a lot less heartache and devastation because they won't have to go looking elsewhere to find acceptance from a man. (Hopefully, this will keep them from dating until they are out of college...tee hee.) He is the best around. Happy Father's Day, my love. I couldn't have picked a better father for my children.

It is not difficult to tell how Jason became such a good dad. He learned it from his dad, my father-in-law, David. David is one of the most encouraging and generous men you will meet. He's a lot of fun and has a huge heart for people. My girls love their Papa-D, and I am so grateful that he was the male influence in Jason's life. It has made him the man and husband that he is. David also provides me a great picture of what Jase will look like 20 years from now...not too bad, old man...not too bad. Love you David.

Last but not least, comes the newest dad in our family, my "little" brother Andy. Everything my brother has ever done he makes look natural (not that his older sister was ever jealous of such a thing). And being a dad is no exception. Andy, you are a great daddy to that precious nephew of mine. I am so proud of you (and Kelly). It has been a blessing to not only have you as a brother but as one of my best friends throughout life. I love you. Happy 1st Father's Day! You deserve it!

1 comment:

Daddy B said...

Thank you, sweetie, for your kind words. You put me in pretty good company when you included me with the other 3 men in your life. I love you.

Dad