Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Visiting Gampa- Part II

Sunday brought Ashlyn's birthday.  We, of course, went to church that morning which was one of the sweetest times of the trip for me.  We picked up MomMom and then headed to the service.  During the summer they combine the traditional and contemporary services.  Besides being able to worship with 4 generations of my family I was surrounded by more elderly people than I have worshipped with in a long time, if not ever.  All the songs ended up being worship songs I enjoy but are contemporary and I'm guessing that none of the precious older generations knew.  But they stood and worshipped their hearts out.  The pastor spoke God's truth passionately and in a very gripping way.  I left sensing the Lord's presence and a little more in love with Him.

We swam that afternoon and then MomMom, Aunt Nancy, and Uncle Hank came over to help celebrate the sweetest, most amazing 9 year old girl I know!  We cooked out, had cake, opened presents, and celebrated our Ashlyn Jean.  What a blessing she is!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to foloow my blog

reginag said...

Thanks for sharing such wonderful experiences!
legal hgh