Friday, August 19, 2011

Visiting Gampa- Part I

These girls love their Gampa!  And it's been a tradition since Ashlyn was less than a year old for my dad to take his granddaughters to IHOP.  Every time they are together, they all venture for a huge breakfast just the 4 of them.
We arrived on Friday afternoon, so guess where they were headed Saturday morning?
Laney didn't care what we did in Pennsylvania as long as Gampa and swimming were involved.
This is one of my favorite pics of our time together.  I love the pure joy on Reesie's face walking back from the pool with her Gampa.
Another special part of our trip was getting to spend time with MomMom, my 93 year-old grandmother.  She truly is an amazingly strong woman, a woman of great faith in the Lord, and a woman with great love for her family.
The last time I saw MomMom I was pregnant with Reese. It was a fun time of Reesie getting to meet her in person for the first time.  Of course, all 3 girls love their MomMom.  We got to go over to my Aunt Nancy, Uncle Hank, and MomMom's house Saturday night for dinner.  Here is our 4 generation picture from the night:
 I am so thankful for the family the Lord has blessed me with.  We are far from perfect, and definitely have our quirks, but we love one another dearly, forgive one another when it's needed, and truly enjoy spending time together.


1 comment:

Sara said...

Would LOVE it if you would share this post at my photo swap linky party going on right now! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/08/sweet-little-photo-swap-10.html