Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Birthday, Reesie-boo!

A couple of weeks ago it was this cutie-patootie's 3rd birthday! Jason and I drove back into town from a wedding in Dallas to find the birthday girl and her sweet sisters awaiting us. Can you just see why I love these girls so much?
We spent the next little bit of time opening up presents, that was until Reese was tired and decided to save some for the next day. Who doesn't like to spread the birthday love out over a few days time?

I wanted to do something special for Reese since we moved up to Arkansas right before her birthday and we'd be away from friends. So we loaded up and headed out somewhere special. This is the family as we waited for Reese's special treat.

Our girl absolutely adores horses. So...I called a woman who gives horse back riding lessons and she did some for the girls. Reesie was kind enough to share with her sisters. They got to brush the horses beforehand, and then ride together with the teacher. She let the girls trot and gallop which all 3 loved. Then they got to ride on their own.


Then we came back to the house and had cake and ice cream with some of our new friends.

Oh, sweet girl, my precious Reese Ellery, You are such a joy! I've never known a little girl with such a sense of humor. Your joy is such a testimony of the Lord's love and faithfulness and will always be a source of strength for those around you. We love the way you sing so loudly, run so fast, make us laugh, and love so freely. You are a pure gift to our family and WE LOVE YOU SO!

1 comment:

Jen Beltz said...

Wish I could have been there - looks like such a sweet time. I cannot believe how big Reese is, where did those 3 years go??!! I now have the pic of the 3 girls as they waited to greet you when you got home as my background on my computer at work. Love them so!