Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Home Does My Heart Good

This first comment has absolutely nothing to do with my post, but it is on my heart and so I'd like to share. I want to make a difference in the Kingdom. I want my life to be more about the eternal than the temporal things that are all around me and often fight for my allegiance to Christ. I want to leave the world having left Christ's thumbprint rather than my own. I want my life to leave a legacy of His love...for the hurting, the broken, the everyday Joe's and even those who are so successful they don't realize yet that they too need Him. I still don't know what this looks like in my life over the next couple of years or even the remainder of my days, but I really want to love Jesus in a way that makes others want to love Him too. How about you? I've been gone three out of the last 4 weekends. Two were for youth retreats and one was for my favorite nephew, the Drewster's, 2nd birthday. More pics on that later. I have always been a home-body but as I was sharing with a friend over a chai tea latte tonight...I almost feel panicked when I am away from home for very long. We did the normal family things...beautiful Laney Hope went to an amazing princess birthday party of one of her friends. They had a face-painter come...crazy talented was the woman...don't you think?
The weather has been gorgeous lately which has lifted my spirits greatly. We have been spending a lot of time outside. Daddy and the girls worked on the front flower beds together and did a fabulous job!

We had friends over Saturday evening too which is always a favorite among my little hostesses. A precious friend from college, Chelsea, and I have reconnected after years. She is an amazing woman of God. Months ago I had you pray for their family as they lost their precious baby boy in utero at 36 weeks. It has been humbling and so uplifting to see how Chelsea, Mark and their 3 sweet girls have handled their loss. You must check out HisChase.org!!

Anyways, here are all 6 of our girls who are all months a part from one another. They have formed a quick friendship that we look forward to the Lord growing over the years.
So that's it. Home is where the heart is, so they say. And mine is definitely with the precious girls and handsome man God has blessed me with. It was good to be home.

1 comment:

Shayna @ Texas Monkey said...

With little girls that sweet it would do anyone's heart good to be around them. Love reading about them. I also added your website to my site list on my blog. Great things you are doing!