Sunday, May 25, 2008

fun memories


One of the main reasons I am doing this is to help me remember some sweet memories. I used to have an impeccable memory but that was before having my children. Now I feel like I'm having a good day if I know which day of the week I'm on.

This past week on the way home from the mall we had a fun moment. It came after the not-so-fun "if you want Mommy and Daddy to be able to take you places you are going to have to listen better" speech (do I hear an amen from my fellow parents?). Well, I am guessing to distract from my riveting speech, Ashlyn thought it'd be fun to play "I spy" on the way home. After both Ashlyn and Jase had taken a turn, Laney decided to join in..."I spy...a white car with a girl in it!!" Hmmm...wonder what we are looking for?! Seriously, the girl is hilarious, even when she doesn't mean to be.




Our Reesie is doing great too. If I were only allowed one word to describe her it would be sweet. Oh, she is the sweetest thing full of smiles and laughs. She can sit up for a few seconds on her own before tipping over, loves to grab and inspect everything before putting it in her mouth, and grins from ear to ear for her sisters. We go back Tuesday to the pediatric cardiologist. The dr. made it sound like this would be the time he decides whether or not she needs surgery to close the hole in her heart. We cherish your prayers: that her heart will no longer be enlarged from working so hard and that the hole in her heart will be smaller, if not completely closed. I am once again learning to lean into the Lord and place my trust in Him.


Ashlyn Jean is in the process of growing her bangs out. Please, please let this go by faster...it is driving Mommy nuts. She is quickly approaching the end of her kindergarten year. Friday she had field day which is what all the pictures are from. She did great. She has such a great sense of balance. She'll do her best and have fun doing so, but she isn't going to get upset at the other children if they struggle. Anyways, I am thankful that the Lord allowed me to cut back on some hours so that I can be a part of such fun things in her life. I am proud to say I've gotten her to school on time this entire year, but am sooo ready to have summer and take a break from the early morning schedule. Here come the flip flops and swimsuits...hooray! (okay, hooray for flip flops anyways)!











3 comments:

e said...

I really love reading about my friends' families online, especially since they're so far away!!! I'm glad you're blogging - I'll enjoy it!

Nikki Hoover said...

welcome to the world of blogging! I will love seeing all the pics of the girls.
I really enjoyed blogging...until I got a job and now I never feel like I can sit down and update it. = (

Anonymous said...

You are a tribute to your mother Kim. You are a fine mother of three beautiful girls! I love you and admire your love for our LORD!