Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Our first big family vacation- part I

This truly was such a wonderful trip.  Everything about Disney was fabulous, and I'm so glad we went with the girls at their ages.  Reese could do most things, didn't have to stop and take a nap, loved every minute of it and will be able to remember things.
 The big girls loved every minute too (okay, there were a couple of roller coasters Laney wasn't fond of)!  I loved that Ashlyn could still enjoy this trip as a little girl even though she is definitely a tweener.  She whole-heartedly would love for this to be an annual trip (as would we all!!)!
 We got in Thursday early afternoon and had tickets for Christmas with Mickey.  We thought we wouldn't be able to get in until 7pm but found out we could get in with those tickets anytime after four.  So off to Magic Kingdom we went!!!
 First stop...Mickey, of course!!

 The girls loooooved the parades each day!
 I think I would choose to go this time of year (early December) every time!  The Christmas lights and decorations were incredible, the weather gorgeous, and the crowds very minimal.

 We didn't leave the park until almost 11 and so we rode tons of rides, saw fireworks, saw the parade...


 They make it "snow" on main street, and also gave out free hot chocolate and cookies for our
Christmas parade.  (Side note: the food is very reasonably priced at Disney...we were so surprised and thankful!)




It was an incredible start to an incredible vacation!  Magic Kingdom ended up being our favorite park.  It truly is magical just as its name says.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So so beautiful!

joanna-fiftysomething.blogspot.com said...

You have three precious daughters. I read about your Legacy Foundation. Praise God you are transforming your pain into something beautiful.

I have survived some very painful family situations. Currently, I have a very physically painful situation. God has transformed me and used some of this for good. I am still waiting on Him to finish the work He started in me.

Blessings,
www.joanna-fiftysomething@blogspot.com