Thursday, June 3, 2010

In Love...





I am in love with:
  • Things of summer...flip flops, being at the pool, getting a bit of a tan, & letting the alarm clock have a 2 1/2 mos. break (woo hoo hoo...only 5 more days, but who's counting?)

  • Reese's voice, especially when she says "otay" (okay).
  • How Laney always makes an f sound rather than a t sound on words like try or three...she usually says "fry" or "free" unless corrected...and it's just too adorable to correct her.

  • Ashlyn being on her hands more than her feet these days. She is constantly doing cartwheels around the entire house. I have to ask her not to when people are around but it truly reminds me of my own childhood.

  • The ministry of Gracious Legacy (http://www.graciouslegacy.org/).

  • Being able to take long walks most evenings, sometimes with the fam, and sometimes without. It's wonderful me and God time.

  • The new outdoor rug we bought for our patio...yes, I'm old and that's lame, but it brightens my day when I look out the back door.

  • Jason S. Mills! I mean really in love with him. Authenticity is one quality I admire the most so let me just say that anyone who has been married over a year realizes that marriages have seasons. Sometimes I have waited with great anticipation for Jason to get home from work and other days...well, a few days apart sounded awesome (and I know he has felt the same). But I have fallen more in love with the boy than I have ever been over the past 3 months. Love him! Love him!

  • Reesie taking her big baby everywhere we go. The baby weighs close to her own weight and I mean she takes it everywhere...to school, the grocery store, picking up Ashlyn. But she loves it and it is quite cute.

  • My Laney-bear saying out of nowhere "Momma, I love you." Over the past few days she has also started wearing those silly band bracelets. Today she sported about 20 all at the same time.

  • The way Ashlyn's little creative brain works. She is always saying, "What if...." and then the follows it with some wonderful and random thought!

  • Laney and Reese's new summer haircuts. Both got about 3 inches cut off. I also love that Ashlyn wants to grow hers long for Locks of Love.

  • Our Memorial Day weekend. Jase and I got to get away for a night (thanks Matt & Haleigh). We ate at our favorite restaurant too. It was nice to not have to do anything all weekend long. We had LifeGroup, got to see great friends in from Abilene, go to the pool and sleep in late. It was marvelous!

No comments: