Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Kid of His heart!

I have been overwhelmed lately for the love I have for my children. Sometimes I feel like my heart might just explode I love them so much! And there have been many times over the past few weeks where I feel like time is slipping by, not in a bad way, but in a way that reminds me that life is precious, and without Christ, it isn't permanent.

There are so many dreams and prayers I have for my girls. Greater than any heart's desire I have, is my desire to see each one of them come to accept Christ into their life and to love, walk and experience Him all the days of their lives. I desire for them to be healthy and safe. I desire for other's to come to know Christ because of the way they love Him. I desire for them to be blessed with godly husbands who put them second only to the Lord. I desire for them to be blessed with children and knowing what it is like to love one of your very own. And I desire, very much, to be there for all of it.

I feel like God has been teaching me so much lately, drawing me close to Himself, and reminding me that He loves me as my Daddy too. And He desires, perfectly desires, what is best for my life. His Word has brought so much fulfillment to my soul lately. I can hear Him speaking to me, as a Father to a daughter.

Psalm 119 is the longest psalm there is. It is the very center of the Bible. And in my mind, both of those truths are not an accident. Why? Because the entire psalm is about the richness, the life, the eye-opening truth, the wisdom, the comfort, the steadfast faithfulness, and the joy that is found in God's Word. His Word!

I have gone back to Psalm 37 over and over again over the past two months. It's like I'm a teenager again reading a little note Jase wrote to me. I want to soak it in. I want to see if there is any hidden meaning. I want to remind myself of the friendship and love between us. This time it is a friendship and love between my Savior and I. I feel like change is coming. I hope it is because my heart desires it. But no matter what change or what sameness (again, not sure that's a real word) might be I will, "Put my hope in the LORD. I will travel steadily along His path" (Ps. 37:34). Because just like my heart's desire for my children, I know He too desires wonderful and eternal things for me.

1 comment:

Daniel and Carrie Moore said...

I get teary eyed almost every time I read your blog! Not in a sad way but a happy one. I love hearing you express your love for your girls. I think it hits me because I have a little princess of my own now. The joy you experience through them truly is felt through your words. Thanks for sharing your heart!