Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Little Venting and then the Promised Sea World pics

Okay, I am going to get a little somethin' somethin' off my chest and then onto happier things, such as our wonderful trip to Sea World that we now took over a month ago.

Yes, I am a mom of three girls. I am a proud mom of three girls. I am blessed beyond measure to be the mom of three adorable, sweet little girls.

It bugs the snot out of me when people make comments, such as:
  • You need to go for a boy now!
  • Today's comment..."Three girls. Expensive!"
  • 90% of males desiring to have boys whenever they have children.

First off, beyond a shadow of a doubt I know that God knows what is best for each family. Secondly, while we are 95% sure we're done (okay, I'm 95% and Jase is 99.9%) having children, even if we had a fourth I actually would desire to have another girl. Thirdly, I have worked for over 10 years with teenagers and have a brother, and other than weddings, I don't believe girls are more expensive. Fourth, I look very forward to having sons one day. I am guessing and praying that I will have three sons one day...all who love Jesus greatly and cherish my daughters second only to the King. But I look forward to these sons joining my family as adults. Men who know how to aim for the toilet, who don't need to hit, jump, yell or shoot most objects nearby, and have a little more control over their bodily noises.

Please all my friends with precious sons, don't hear me putting you down in any way. I am so thankful for you. You are raising the godly, precious sons that my daughters could one day possibly marry. If for some reason God were to bless us with a son now we would be so excited. I'm just saying, please people, don't act as if the world isn't aright if a family is blessed with all daughters. I feel blessed more than words can say.

Now that that is off my chest...

Here we are at Sea World.
My absolute favorite, the beluga whales. Aren't they so cute?
A daddy and a couple of his precious big girls!

This year my best friend Rachel and her sweet family joined us. Love her! Love them!
A picture of all 5 girlies!
This is how Miss Reese was all day long! She was tuned in and loving every
minute of it. She didn't sleep a wink, but was out in the car before we made it out of
the parking lot that evening.
Jase scoped us awesome seats for the Shamu show. We were up close and
personal this year.
Right before leaving. Everyone tired but all smiles.

4 comments:

Ginger Press said...

I completely understand! I feel the same way/opposite way (however you want to look at it) about my boys. I love my boys and feel like we were meant to have boys. I always knew that we would have boys, and I don't think that I could handle girls. Just like you said, we pray for their future wives, and I can't wait to bring them into our family.

Steven said...

Go girl! Having girls is great! I wouldn't change it for anything.

Anonymous said...

Looks like ya'll had so much fun, we're taking Casey Marilyn to Sea World in August, I hope she's into it as much as your girls seemed to be.
I have to admit that all I ever wanted was a few boys running around the house, could not even stand the thought of having a girl, of course until I got pregnant, then I didn't care, but having a girl is the most amazing and sweetest blessing one could have in my eyes, and to have 3 is the icing. I can't imagine our life without a girl.

Bree, Home of Blogmania said...

i love your notes, i feel like i have already met you by reading from you. i can pick up on your tone and humor.
i also agree with what you are saying. i visited my sister in law here who recently had her 3rd boy and while i was in there the nurse asked if this was her first, my in law said no, her 3rd boy and the nurse said 'ah, that's to bad'. it had to be obvious by the look on my face and the roundess of my eyes how inappropriate that statement was. anyway, thanks for sharing and i look forward to meeting you.